Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Book Recommendation - The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide : Tournament Edition


I hardly ever do book reviews, better yet I never to book reviews before I have finished a book, but this book deserves a recommendation. I guess its mostly because I thought it would just be nothing more than a "shill" book, not sure why I got it in the first place. I've only started through the first few chapters, but I can honestly admit that Andy Bloch writes one of the most resourceful sections I have ever read in a poker strategy book. His section is just sick full of wisdom.
Here are the authors in this book:
  • Andy Bloch
  • Richard Brodie
  • Chris Ferguson
  • Ted Forrest
  • Rafe Furst
  • Phil Gordon
  • David Grey
  • Howard Lederer
  • Mike Matusow
  • Huckleberry Seed
  • Keith Sexton
  • Gavin Smith
  • and edited by Michael Craig

I have just started the Chris Ferguson section, and so far so good. I'd definately recommend picking up this book if you want to improve your tournament game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get this from the Fulltilt store or is it available somewhere else? I don't have anywhere near enough points to get from their store.

actyper said...

The only place I buy books

PSO points -> Amazon Gift certificates.

Anonymous said...

How does this book compare to the Harrington Hold'em books I-III?

actyper said...

HOH will give you a fundamental outlook on how to play tournaments. Andy Bloch's preflop play chapter explains reasonings on what many players do incorrectly preflop. I would definately read HOH first, and then read this for a different style of play. Remember Harrington is fairly tight, while Bloch/Ferguson are very aggressive.

Anonymous said...

Great, thanks actyper. Will def check out the book.