Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Tourney Results - I'm nobody's prodige.

Got a chance to play a bunch of tourneys on Fri and Sun night, most of them on Stars, and all of them with disappointing results.

Friday
Stars 180sng - Bubbled out. Top 10 in chips most of the tourney, couldn't hit my flops later in the tourney, and was being reraised pretty often. There should have been 1 hand where I could have done a re-reraise bluff.
Stars Turbo Shootout $1mil qualifier - Had no problem with my 1st table, had everybody read perfectly, and played headsup pretty good. A suckout kept opponent alive longer than he should have been. Sucked out on the final table, bunch of limpers, pushed on the BB with AQ. Called by ATs. Hits their flush, and I'm out.
Party turbo $20sng - played 2. 2nd in one, lost the other. These are pretty easy and fun. Should have won both, but sucked out 3 hands in a row in my losing one, and outkicked on my 2nd place won over an inferior opponent.
Titan Rio Won that one pretty easily.

Sunday
Stars 180sng - Bubbled out 23rd. Played well up until the end. 1 play that I remember now that I folded where I think now I should have called. 2 limpers, KK on the button. BB at 200, I raised to 1k. 20% of my stack. 1 EP caller. Flop = Axx, EP goes allin. I barely have him covered. If he hit his set, would probably have check raised. If he had an A, would he make that play? Now that I think about it I think he was on a draw.
$1mil qualifier - Made it headsup on my 1st table. I don't think I've ever played that bad headsup. Not too sure how you play an opponent that only calls or checks preflop. Hard to judge his holding. He ended up winning by slow playing pocket Ks when I hit top pair (Js) on the flop.
PSO League - I suck so bad on this league. I would have to come 1st on the next 5, and I still wouldn't be guaranteed a winner. This time I lost out on AJ vs 77. TPTK on the flop, etoss hit his set.
Daniel's Prodige - 36 man final qualifier, winner gets the live table seat. I play solid poker, make the final table with avg stack. Lost a few key pots, and I think I'm eliminated Ax vs QJ. Now that I think about it, I lost a lot of pots vs QJ, wtf.

That is all, I suck, but I know where I have to improve. I should read my MTT books, but just no time. Still haven't finished HOHvol2 yet, on the headsup section. Just got my Kill Phil book which looks interesting. On a side note, finally busted out of 888. Lost on BJ, then put the last $25 on the Millionaire Genie. Never hit. Was fun while it lasted!

3 comments:

Gregory Damien said...

I planned on playing the PSO game.

I put money at absolute. I joined the game at ~ 4pm.

8:30 I sat down opened absolute checked when the the tourney started.

I was looking at a few other sites.

I watch the tourney counter countdown and close. And my table doesn't open.

Somehow I became unregistered.

I love 100 person games.

Then I think what do I do now?

You told Quack to stick to MTT maybe you should stick to blackjack-

hmmm progressive blackjack.

actyper said...

Absolute screwed up the first time, made it a limit tournament. So they had to make a new room and everybody had to re-register.

Gonna keep playing MTTs until I hit my goals! I seriously should read my books though, maybe next month on my cruise.

Riverrun said...

I havent finished HOH 1. Im looking forward to finding the time as well. I have heard most of the strategy in HOH 2 by reading blogs, but I want to read it first hand. Good luck with your 5 firsts!!!